featured-content

www.ShareImage.org

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jamie Postones - TesseracT - Interview






As some of you will remember I Reviewed TesseracT's debut album last week. And it was the very first 10/10 rating on the site. So I tried to get in contact with the Drummer for a short Interview. Luckily he agreed! and completed this very Interview while relaxing backstage before a gig! 


Huge Kudos to Jamie Postones and all the TesseracT guys! For an amazing album and for being nice enough to take time out of his busy schedule to do an Interview for In Metal We Trust! 


Be sure to BUY the album! and Check out the links before and show them some love! 
Click here for TesseracT on Facebook
Click here for the Official Website!


And don't forget to like In Metal We Trust on Facebook for updates of new reviews and interviews! Combined with plenty of Other metal to Slake your ravenous thirst! 
In Metal We Trust Official Facebook!






Shawn
Well your Album "One" Dropped recently and now your on a huge tour of Canada and the USA, How is the tour so far?

Jamie Postones
Hey man. Well the tour's been pretty epic so far. I think that's the only word to describe it haha - the first few days were a tired blur as we had so much unnecessary travelling to collect gear. The shows have been great though. It feels like we've picked up right where we left off last year when we toured with Devin Townsend.

Shawn
I've been following TesseracT for a few years. and I've watched it grow from a solo project into the Animal it is today. How did you find your way into the band? and how has the Experience been so far?

Jamie Postones
It's pretty crazy really. I remember the guitarist from my old band sending me a link to TesseracT back in 2004 saying 'dude, check this band out! I then found out it was just one guy (acle) so got in contact to firstly congratulate him on the awesome music and secondly, to see if he was in the market for a drummer. Turns out he was and about a year later when I just happened to be supporting Acle's old band (Fell Silent), Acle was stood side of stage and at the end of the set just said 'yeh, let's sort out as jam'. The rest is history! It's been a roller coaster ride since we signed with Century Media. Everything feels very real now.





Shawn
"One" is the VERY long awaited Debut album, and the Internet was Abuzz with hype for it. After such a long process how do you find the finished product? are you content with how it turned out?

Jamie Postones
I love it if I'm honest. I still listen to it and find new things in there. I think we'd go back and record it again if we had the chance but you have to draw a line under these things or you'll never release anything. I only say that because we play the songs so much better now than when we recorded them about 18 months ago!

Shawn
I've never been a huge fan of Progressive metal. But TesseracT has just the right mix of Head crushing riffs and Beautiful Harmonies. I won't ask you about the complicated writing process the band uses. But lets discuss your own Personal Inspirations. What inspired you during the writing and recording process?

Jamie Postones
Hmm, to be honest, pretty much the only metal I listen to is TesseracT - being surrounded by metal 24/7 when I'm on tour means when I want to chill, I listen to very different music. Atmospheric and electronica stuff most of the time. As for drumming influences, I don't really follow any specific drummers but I definitely appreciate the good players out there. Guys I've met on the Road like Ryan RVP from Devin Townsend Project, Tomas from Meshugaah, Stef from Textures. There's a pretty long list :)





Shawn
Also what are some of your more Personal Inspirations? Be it music, Novels, Movies? and also what was your main inspiration for Picking up the drums in the first place?

Jamie Postones
Personal inspirations: well my passion outside of music is movies. I'm a home cinema geek and if my money isn't being spent on drum gear, it's being ploughed straight into the newest upgrade for my home cinema or a load of new blu-rays. I can't get enough!

As for picking up the drums, I used to play keyboards in a band when I was about 12. I have one man to thank for switching me onto drums and that's my good friend Ste. He said one rehearsal 'Jay, why don't you try the drums instead' so I did... and I could just play. Don't ask me how, it just felt very natural, so stuck at it and so glad I did!

Shawn
VERY few bands in the history of Metal can claim such a following or hype about a debut full length, Did this add any pressure to the writing Process?

Jamie Postones
I don't think we've thought about that too much. It's been an incredible build up though and I think the only thing we were concerned about is people feeling pissed because Concealing Fate is on there too. But we only released the EP last year for the DTP tour - it just went a lot further obviously.

Shawn
I've watched a lot of the videos on the TesseracT YouTube channel. and you guys look like you have a blast together! Just how strong is the comraderie in the band?

Jamie Postones
Very. We're brothers in spirit. Sure, when you're on the road for a long time, tensions build but we each find our own space if we're feeling tired or tetchy. A good 99% of the time we're having a great time and mucking around. We don't take ourselves too seriously off stage haha, as anyone who knows us will vouch for.





Shawn
I'm not sure if you've read my review of "one" on my website. But it was my very first, 10/10 score. and I'm very sure I'm not the only reviewer to give such a high score. How does that make you feel? Proud? Nervous?

Jamie Postones
That's very kind of you dude! It makes me feel like we've created something special in 'One' and definitely helps to reinforce the feeling that I'm not delusional haha. I probably just sounded like the most big-headed twat ever.

Shawn
You've also made three Outstanding videos already. The Studio video for "the impossible" the "Deception" Video and of course the"Nascent" video, How much work goes into make the videos? and also i saw the behind the scenes for the "Deception" shoot. looked like you guys were having some fun through the Tedium.

Jamie Postones
The hardest video was Deception for sure. That was a slog! 12 hours through the night in a freezing cold abandoned factory in east London. We were all ill after shooting that video!

The DVD (from which the Impossible is taken) was a fantastic experience and something we'd wanted to do for as long as I can remember. So pleased with how it came out!

The easiest process for us was the new video for Nascent. We were in and out of the shoot in about 4 hours. It was all shot to a green screen and I was amazed when after I'd played the song a few times, Tim, the director, says 'cool, you're done'.... really?!?!

Shawn
So what do you do outside of Music? Pastimes? Hobbies?

Jamie Postones
Ah, I already answered this above haha. MASSIVE film buff :D

Shawn
Which do you prefer, Ozzy era or Dio era black sabbath?

Jamie Postones
I'm going to go with Ozzy, purely because we're both from Birmingham in the UK!

Shawn
Well that will conclude our interview, Thank you very much for taking the time to answer
my questions. and if theres anything you would like to add or share feel free,
The final word if yours!

Jamie Postones
Thanks so much for the interview! I hope everyone enjoys 'One' and comes to check us out on the road whenever they can. We're always around the merch desk talking to people so come say hi!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More