featured-content

www.ShareImage.org

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus - Review



Alright, fans of this band have been waiting for this album for a very long time, and most of them are pretty ticked off it seems. They've went for a different theme for this album. They even added some Industrial elements to the music.

Well I personally have no problem with Industrial themed metal, but this album left me pretty much dead in the water. There are a few good tracks, "Existo Vulgore"  "Blades for Baal" and "Nevermore" are pretty fucking awesome. And to a lesser extent "I Am Morbid" But I confess the fake crowd chanting "Morbid" came off cheesy as fuck.

I mean come on lets be honest, this album is a let down for sure. Fans have been waiting since 2003 for some more awesome death metal from this classic band, but this is not the come back they needed to make.

Cons?

1) Poor song structure and lazy drumming
2) Cheesy ass lyrics
3) Omni Potens was just a fucking pointless intro, did it really need to be over two minutes long?

Pros?
1) Some solid riffing
2) Vocals are pretty tight

This album asked one question, Am I Morbid? No I guess I'm not.

4/10

"I'm not always metal, but when I am I'm more metal than you"
/Shawn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More