featured-content

www.ShareImage.org

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gorephanage Interview (Blackened Death Metal)




Gorephanage is a relatively new band from the greater Birmingham area in Alabama (USA) That have been playing a few shows lately and came to my attention. and Bobby, "The Lead Singer" was kind enough to grant my request for an interview and has the honor of being my very first Interview on the new site.

Don't forget to like Gorephanage on Facebook and show your support. 


Gorephanage is:

Bobby- Vocals,
Ryan- Guitar/Lead, 
Etzar- Guitar/Rhythm, 
Deon- Bass, 
Said- Drums

Shawn:
Gorephanage is still a new band, What are your plans for the future?

Bobby:
We are currently writing new material. We are planning on recording in may. Then start gigging anywhere that will let us come melt their faces.

Shawn:
The name Gorephanage is pretty awesome, Where did you guys get the idea for the name? 

Bobby:
Etzar was searching the interweb for haunted places and ran accross a Gore Orphanage, which we shortened to Gorephanage. The gore orphanage was in Ohio.

Shawn:
I saw a video of your performance at the hall in Tarrent, Alabama. And i'd just like to say you have a very epic and metal beard! How long have been growing it? 

Bobby:
Thank you, I have been molding this beard since I was 20. So 8 years in the making. Long ago I had an art teacher ask us to draw ourselves in 10 years. I look almost exactly what that drawing looked like, except the fact I couldn't draw. 

Shawn:
Very rare to see this genre of music in this part of the USA, What influenced you and the band to play the style you do?

Bobby:
Gorephanage is still finding our sound. If I were not the vocalist and they found a thrash metal vocalist I think the whole band would sound thrash as fuck. I definitely bring a black metal vocal style to the mix. Our musical influence spauns from so many bands and different aspects ov metal it is difficult to pin point.

Shawn:
Who are your personal influences? and what inspires you? 

Bobby:
Bobby, my favorite band is DYING FETUS. Vocal influence is George "Corepsegrinder" Fisher ( Cannibal Corpse,Monstrosity) Glen Benton (Deicide,Vital Remains) Nergal (Behemoth) many more...


Deon, favorite band TOOL. Bass influences Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse) Steve Harris (Iron Maiden) Geddy Lee (Rush) Chi Cheg (Deftones)



Etzar, favorite band SEPULTURA first metal band he heard. Guitar influences Kerry King (Slayer) Andreas Kisser (Sepultura) Jack Owens ( Cannibal Corpse, Deicide)


Ryan, favorite band BLACK SABBATH. Guitar influences Andy Larocque (King Diamond) Stevie Ray Voughn, Carl Sanders (Nile) 


Said, favorite band IRON MAIDEN. Drum influences Mike Portnoy (Dream Theator) Nicko McBrain (Iron Miaden) George Kollias (Nile)


Shawn:
Your in the Alabama Chapter of the NYDM, Care to tell us a little bit more about it? 

Bobby:
I am a newly patched member, so I can not speak on behalf ov the club. So I will just tell you what it means to me. The NYDM is a brother and sisterhood ov like minded metal heads focused on making their metal scene prosper. Get out, go to shows, support your local metal and help out ov state bands get shows booked. I will say this, I have been shocked as to how much like a family the club is. I will gladly get you info to some people to interview more detailed if you would like.

Shawn:
Ozzy or Dio era Black Sabbath? 

Bobby:
Hard question to answer, lol we are getting mixed answers. As much as we all love Dio, and his amazing vocal ability to blow your brains through the back ov your head. We all agree OZZY, his lyrics and just the icon ov his persona have left us all one sided. Ozzy it is!

Shawn:
Thanks very much for your time, I'll let you have the last word so if theres anything you'd like to add to finish the interview. Have at it.

Bobby:
Tell the world that we are coming to conqour their faces by ripping their bodies in half with the BLOODY path ov destruction that is GOREPHANAGE













2 comments:

I just linked the interview on our reverb nation page \m/\m/

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More