featured-content

www.ShareImage.org

Friday, April 22, 2011

Anaal Nathrakh - Review - In The Constellation Of The Black Widow


Be sure to check out In Metal We Trust on Facebook! 




Anaal Nathrakh is a band that mixes Black Metal and Grindcore to create a VERY unique sound. I've been a fan of the band since I heard "Domine Non Es Dignus" for the first time. I was drawn to check out their music from the name of the band "Anaal Nathrakh" Which is the beginning of the Merlin's charm of making from the 1981 film "Excalibur" 


This band never ceases to surprise me. And they play some of the Heaviest and craziest music out today. Just a perfect mix of brutality and insanity. 


"In The Constellation Of The Black Widow" Is their 2009 album and it's bone crushing from the start. The album starts off with the title track, and it simple blows the fuck up at 1:07. I 'm not sure how to describe the singer vocals. They aren't really Grindcore, and not really Black Metal. I've always professed if the people infected with the rage virus from the films "28 days later" and "28 weeks later" Were given instruments, this is what the music would sound like. 






His vocals can be Melodic/Brutal/Insane and sometimes a healthy mix of everything. The guitars are played flawlessly on this album. Ultra fast and they have a certain "dirty" sound to them not were not really privy to with other bands. The drums? Hell not sure they can be played much faster than they are on this album.


Tracks like, "In The Constellation Of The Black Widow" "More Of Fire Than Blood" and "The Lucifer Effect" Prove that this album is truly a gem. And personally since 2009 this album has had constant plays in my music player and I'm sure it will for years to come. 


Nearly a perfect album, I only have one major con with this opus. The fact that they don't release the lyrics of their songs. but that's not really a problem with this album as much as it is with all their albums. While I've been listening to their stuff long enough and extreme metal long enough to pick out most of it. But when he goes on his wild tangents. I confess I am quite lost as to what he's saying. And with music for me, Lyrics are just as important as any instrument. 

9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More