featured-content

www.ShareImage.org

Friday, May 27, 2011

Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions - Review





Alright, here we are again with another album review. This time I'll be reviewing the brand spanking new Arch Enemy opus, Khaos Legions! I've been waiting for this one for awhile and have basically been chomping at the bit to review the album since I conducted my Interview with Angela Gossow. Check that out here.


Alright I have a confession to make, I love this fucking band and have for years but I'd also like to say I was a little disappointed with their last album, Rise Of The Tyrant. Which it was a "good" album it just didn't stand up well with the older material. 


Very happily that is not the case with this album, this is a complete return to form for the band. They have stated that they spent over a hundred thousand euro making this album, and believe me it shows. The sounds is crystal clear, the production is amazing. And everyone in the band is performing at "what might be" the best they have to date. 


Angela's voice has never been better, she's really brought it up to another level for this album and once again proves that she can rock harder than most men behind the mic. And still remain one of the most beautiful women in metal at the same time. 


Tracks like, Blood Stained Cross, Through The Eyes Of A Raven, and Thorns In My Flesh, all show that she is one of the premiere extreme metal vocalists, and shall remain so for many years to come. I could not be happier with her performance. 






The Amott brothers prove once again that they are capable of making some of the most breakneck riffing and can also switch at the drop of a hat into a beautiful and heartfelt melody. 


Yesterday Is Dead And Gone, Bloodstained Cross, and Cult Of Chaos, show the pure brutaillty they are capable of, while The three instrumentals, Khaos Overture, We Are A Godless Entity, Turn To Dust, and the acoustic track, Snow Bound, Prove they can still inject more than enough skill and emotion to keep even the most judgmental guitar tech happy at the same time. I can also say that I don't think they have ever sounded better. The guitar sound they have on this album is wonderful! 


Then we have Sharlee D'Angelo, this man is without a fraction of a doubt one of my favorite bass players thats ever walked the earth. Not only is he in Arch Enemy "and slaying it here I might add" but he's also played in both King Diamond AND Mercyful Fate. Sharlee, I have a mancrush on you bro! 


Ok, enough hero worship. Sharlee doe's exactly what he needs to do. He holds the low register in check while adding in his fresh and unique style of playing. It perfectly meshes with this album! 


Last but not least we have, Daniel Erlandsson. While I'm not going to say he's doing anything groundbreaking behind the kit, I can tell you he's doing exactly what needs to be done for this album. And really this might be his best work to date. 


Odd to praise a drummer, Thats normally what I'm critical of. Nice to be surprised! 


All in all I have to say this is not your normal Arch Enemy album, that much is for sure. But I can tell you without a doubt and you can tell everyone you heard it here first. They are back and they are slaying. Loved every track of this album, and I can say this will go down as my favorite Arch Enemy album to date. They have outdone themselves and I cannot wait until their US tour. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be front and center punishing my body! 


Do yourself the favor of BUYING this album!  If you've been a fan of this band in the past or you're just learning about them this is the album for you. 




10/10 


2 comments:

It's great!!! Hello from Russia!!!!! Vladivostok

Please visit the Fan Page of Angela Gossow on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/ILoveAngelaGossow
THANKS

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More