featured-content

www.ShareImage.org

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Winds of Plague - Against the World - Review





Alright, here we go again. This is my review for the new Winds of Plague album, Against the World. They are a Deathcore outfit from California, They've been around since 2002 and this is their fourth full length album.


I had never heard of this band before, but I wanted to check the out album, "even if I do loathe deathcore" Because of the guest appearance by former WWF Champion, The Ultimate Warrior. Yea you read that right, He doe's some spoken word vocals on the track, The Warriors Code.


Well, the first thing I noticed was the intro, Raise the Dead. It has a pretty epic almost "trailerhead" feel to it. If you don't know what that is YouTube it. And it gets heavy about at the halfway mark of the track. And honestly I was starting to think I might enjoy this album..


Then the second track starts, One for the Butcher. Instantly the singer goes into the fucking Pig Squealing vocals, which is the main reason I hate grindcore. So yea I wasn't to thrilled.. lol Riffing on the track is solid even if it does have that fucking staple american sound and style.


Anyway i'm just going to skip to the track that features, The Ultimate Warrior.


The Warrior Code, is the track and to be honest I kind of like it. lol Takes me back to the old days of my childhood when I use to wanna be him. lol Many of wresting matches with my friends we're done while I was pretending I was the Ultimate Warrior. Not really that much to say about it, He doe's the normal rants he always did during his time in the WWE. It also has some interesting backing music to it. If I'm honest I'm not totally sure what instrument is that's backing his voice. Might be a keyboard but It has an Asian sound to it. /shrug. I did love one of his quotes in his rant. "To give NOT ONE FUCK for the idea of original sin."


They do have another track I "somewhat" enjoyed.. Only Song Were Allowed to Play In Church Venues, yea thats the title. It's a decent Instrumental with some guitar solos and some piano work.


All in all, this album may appeal to people who like this genre of music. I do not, so I was pretty bored through out this album. They know how to play their instruments, but that really doesn't matter when you play such a cookie cutter style of metal.


3/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More