featured-content

www.ShareImage.org

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Anaal Nathrakh - Review - Passion




Well here it is folks, another album I've been DYING for. This one has been on my wish list since 2009. their 2009 album "In The Constellation Of The Black Widow" is more than likely in my top ten favorites of all time. And I just hope Passion can live up to that epic of an album. 


The first track on the album "volenti non fit iniuria" leads us to believe that this album does have the Potential to be as epic as "In The Constellation Of The Black Widow" Very much in the same vein and style. Blasting metal insanity in it's purest form. And to be honest that's one of the reasons I've always loved this band so much. Just fucking insane! The wall of noise they create on this track reminds me of most of their older catalog. 


Then we get "drug-fucking abomination" Which could easily pass off as a Dark Funeral or even a Marduk track.  Well until the vocals kick in. Then it's business as normal where Anaal Nathrakh is concerned. 






But the real "wtf" on this album is the track "tod huetet uebel" They have a guest singer on this track, and while I'm not sure "who" it is. I can tell you he does an amazing job capturing the insanity in the music that Anaal Nathrakh is known for. One thing I can tell you though, this is not your typical Anaal Nathrakh song. That much is pretty certain once you hear it. 


All in all this is a really good album. But they have changed it up a little bit, more clean singing on this album than normal and the music is actually "toned down" a wee bit. This album just doesn't feel as "Extreme" as their last album. 


The track "paragon pariah" will give you a good idea of what I'm talking about. 


Great album but I feel it is somewhat inferior to "In The Constellation Of The Black Widow" Check it out and make the choice for yourself. 

8/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More